Tuscan Style Chicken Soup w/ Pesto
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour
Servings 4 servings
- 1 tbsp Southern Olive Basil Infused olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme or ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 stick of celery sliced
- 2 medium carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 litre good-quality chicken stock
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 400 g cooked cannellini beans washed and drained
- 2 skinless cooked chicken breasts shredded
- 100 g chopped kale
- Small bunch fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp finely grated Parmesan
- Fresh thyme
- Add a Dollop of Basil Pesto in each bowl
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes on a low-medium heat, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the celery, carrots and potatoes, stir, then add in the chicken stock, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add in the drained cannellini beans and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Add the shredded chicken and heat through for 2-3 minutes, then add the kale. Stir and simmer for 1-2 minutes until the kale has wilted. Test and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Divide between four bowls, topped with fresh parsley, grated parmesan and a couple of sprigs of fresh thyme.
Nutritional information is per serving.
Calories: 412kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 45mg | Sodium: 807mg | Potassium: 1651mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 7700IU | Vitamin C: 48.8mg | Calcium: 204mg | Iron: 7.8mg